Here’s another simple but tasty pasta dish that I made for a potluck. With the slight tang of the cherry tomatoes mixing with a subtle basil flavor and a creamy texture of melted parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, any pasta fan would gobble this up.
(To julienne basil leaves quickly, by the way, just stack them on top of each other, roll them tightly together, and cut thin strips across the roll.)
White Fiber Mini Shells with Cherry Tomatoes, Basil & Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) box Barilla White Fiber Mini Shells
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 leaves basil, julienned
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, cook onion in olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until translucent. Add tomatoes and sauté for 3-4 minutes until blistered. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than required cooking time, drain and toss with sauce and 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid. Remove from heat and add basil and cheeses.
- Stir to combine and serve.
For more recipes from Barilla® check out their collection on Allrecipes.
I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Trickle of Consciousness. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Jacolyn.